Information about the Protected Landscape Area
To the Central Bohemian Highlands responsibly and considerately
The Central Bohemian Highlands convince everyone of its uniqueness from afar. It is a landscape full of diversity, where you will find massive hills of volcanic origin with sun-warmed slopes, deeply incised valleys and ravines with waterfalls, dense and untouched deciduous forests, old orchards, pastures, fields and human settlements full of historical monuments. The richness of the local nature stands out not only in our country but also in Europe.
It therefore deserves our protection, which you can contribute to by following these rules:
1. When going into the countryside, I will carefully study the route and the possibilities I can use around it. It is better to use public transport than to look for a parking place.
2. It is forbidden to make fires and camp on the whole territory of the protected area, so I use reserved areas or accommodation facilities in the villages for overnight stays.
3. What I bring with me to the countryside, I will also take with me. Therefore, I do not pollute nature with rubbish or other clutter.
4. I enjoy peace and quiet in nature. I do not disturb the animals or other visitors with any unnecessary noise.
5. I do not destroy or uproot plants, catch animals or destroy their natural habitat.
6. I try to leave no trace of me in the nature. I do not damage rocks or trees by engraving or writing. I do not move or throw stones.
7. I stick to marked paths in the reserves and respect temporary closures.
8. I do not destroy signs, markers, stairs, railings, or other elements of hiking trails. They serve everyone.
9. I do not destroy watercourses.
10. I do not drive my vehicle off the road and park in designated areas.
11. I keep my dog under control so that it does not frighten or endanger other animals or people.